Charleston Pride Parade 2022 Registration
On Saturday, June 25th, 2022 we are excited to celebrate Pride with our annual Pride Parade in historic Downtown Charleston! Whether you and your organization would like to join and walk in the parade, ride along in a vehicle, or create a unique themed float, all are welcome to take part in the festivities. If you have any questions about parade and float entries, please email email@example.com
Rules for the Parade
The person registering agrees that they have read the following waiver and represents the group, business or organization participating in the Charleston Pride Parade.
- Floats must be secured and inspected for safety during transit.
- No items (including flowers, candy, beads, silly string etc.) may be thrown or given out from vehicles such as golf carts, miniature cars, motorcycles, or any other motorized vehicles. Candy or handouts must be given out by walkers who remain along the outer edge of the parade route.
- Groups will not purposefully stop to perform along the route; all participants must keep the parade moving. Gaps in the parade are a safety threat because they make spectators think the parade is over and then they begin to walk in the street.
- Riders on vehicles or floats cannot get on or off at any time during the parade.
- During the parade, all riders must be seated inside vehicles and cannot stand or ride on the hood or roof of a vehicle. Riders on floats must be seated unless there is a handrail available to safely use. Participants may ride in the back of pickup trucks, but the tailgate must be closed.
- The driver of the vehicle should be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, and have proof of current automobile insurance. This will include all entries including support vehicles such as golf carts, miniature cars, motorcycles, and any other motorized vehicles.
- All vehicles will adhere to applicable state and city laws regarding safe vehicle operation and will be subject to citation for unlawful and unsafe acts.
- Motorcycles cannot rev their engines. Violators will be fined.
- Floats must clear 6 feet below street/traffic lights. Max. height is 11 feet. Please take the low hanging branches surrounding the staging area into consideration during your planning process.
- Trash and debris must be cleaned up by your group, especially in the waiting areas prior to the start of the Parade.
- No nudity or inappropriate attire allowed.
- Parade participants should not engage with any protesters along the parade route.
- Parade event managers will distribute parade rules handout to each entry during line up of parade.
Charleston Pride Festival Inc. is working with the city of Charleston, the city of Charleston Police Department, and the Department of Transportation to ensure the highest level of safety for all parade attendees and participants, while acknowledging road lane closures for emergencies, homeowners, and tourism. If any changes are made to the Parade route, applicable updates will be listed on Charleston Pride Festival Inc's website and on all social media accounts.
Get your steps in with Pride with a walking entry in the parade. This entry covers up to 50 members, with a price as low as $1 per walking member.
(Note: If you have more than 50 walking members, you will need to purchase additional walking entries).
Ride through in style with a vehicle entry in the parade. This entry covers 1 vehicle and up to 5 walking members.
(Note: These walkers are for crowd safety and driver assistance. If you have more than 5 walking members, you will need to purchase additional walking entries).
Are themed rides something your organization loves? Then the float entry is the option for you! This entry covers 1 float and up to10 walking members. Get those creative minds working and design a fun float for your organization to ride through Downtown Charleston.
(Note: These walkers are for crowd safety and driver assistance. If you have more than 10 walking members, you will need to purchase additional walking entries).
Registrations for the Pride Parade are now closed. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.